General forums

Forum Description Discussions
Welcome & Introduction

Take a moment to introduce yourself. Share who you are, where you are from and why you are taking this course? What are some of your professional goals?

Once you have created your post, say 'hello' to some of your course mates. You will be working closely with them and supporting them over the ...

Latest News
This forum contains news, announcements, instructions and deadlines from your course facilitator.

Learning forums

Topic Forum Description Discussions
Module One: Online Facilitation Skills Job Vacancy - Online facilitator
Are you ready to be an online facilitator? This activity has two parts.

1. Apply for the following job vacancy by outlining what you learned about yourself from the self assessments (survey and quiz), video, research and reading materials.
2. Reply to a post from a course mate from the point of...
Module One Q&A and help forum

This forum is the place to ask module related questions such as,  "how do I ..."  or "I need help with..."

Module Two: Communication Strategies Activity: Icebreaker

icebreakerPurpose: This activity is designed to help you navigate the Moodle environment, get to know your colleagues, build an online community and create a close network of peers. It has four parts.

Instructions:

First: Update your profile page. Add a picture and write at least one paragraph (5 or more ...

Module Two Q&A and help forum

This forum is the place to ask module related questions such as,  "how do I ..."  or "I need help with..."

Module Three: Communication Tools How do you plan to communicate online?

How do you plan to communicate with your online learners?

Choose an online communication tool, (Skype for example), and take a screen shot of yourself using it to communicate. Post it to this forum and explain why you chose it, and how you will use it in your online course.

Review posts made by ...

Module Three Q&A and help forum

Module Four: Assessment in Online Learning Activity: Design an assessment
Choose a learning outcome from your course you are developing and design an assessment to have learners demonstrate that they have gained that knowledge or skill.

What learning activities do the students need to undertake in order to attain the intended learning outcome?

Considering UDL and ...
Module Four Q&A and help forum

Module Five: Monitoring and Supporting Progress Job interview - monitoring and supporting learner progress

This module stressed the importance of facilitator presence and the active role of monitoring and supporting learner progress.

Scenario: In Module One you applied for a job as an online facilitator. Congratulations on being shortlisted and selected for an interview for the position of online ...
Module Five Q&A and help forum

Module Six: Reflection Activity: Design a Poster

What is something profound you learned in this course?

Summarise it in a few words or sentences. Then design a poster around it. Or if you prefer, select your favorite eLearning or instructional design quote. (I used PowerPoint to create the ones you see in this course. You can also use Word or ...

Topic 7 Reflection forum

reflectionThis course aims to help you develop the pedagogical, technical and administrative skills to apply online facilitation techniques that enhance student engagement.

Where are you on your skill development learning journey?