- Assessment for Learning (AfL)Assessment for Learning is an important teaching strategy that can improve learner success!In this topic you will:
- learn what Assessment for Learning (AfL) is and why you might want to use it
- learn how to use AfL in the classroom and in your course
- discuss how you plan to use AfL
- create an AfL quiz for your Moodle course.
Feedback is a powerful tool. It can help us develop new skills, correct techniques we are using, and provide motivation to keep us learning. Assessment for Learning helps us think about ways we can both monitor learner learning and achievement and help them develop skills and knowledge at the same time. The techniques can be used both online and as part of your classroom practice.
This topic may challenge your ideas about what should happen in the classroom and in your online course and provides a great opportunity for you to reflect on your teaching practice.
Expected Time to Complete: 7 Hours