The purpose of this course is to support participating organisations to develop the skills and knowledge within their staff to create a plan for implementing Moodle. The plan will be specific to their organisational needs, without needing specialist external consultants unless they specifically identified that need as part of their planning process.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the strategic drivers for implementing Moodle in your organisation
- Plan a Moodle implementation project relevant to your context
- Select and implement a hosting solution for their Moodle site
- Configure the site for initial usage
- Establish policies and processes for ongoing management of Moodle
- Establish a reporting and evaluation process
The course aims to help educators establish or improve their own online or blended teaching practices and develop a working understanding of successful online teaching strategies.
- learn strategies and best practices to help plan, develop and teach using online technologies
- learn how best to engage and motivate students within online learning environments and activities
- learn how to manage time when teaching online
- learn strategies for planning assessments, grading student work and providing effective feedback in online learning environments
- experience firsthand, what it is like to be an online learner as part of the process of becoming an online educator
The Life Skills online course seeks to provide participants with the skills and attitudes that would enable them to adjust to the new work environment emerging as a result of technological, organisational and economic change. Participants will be encouraged to view change as an opportunity that must be anticipated, prepared for and managed.
The Life Skills component runs concurrently with Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and is mandatory for each trainee enrolled in skills training.